The world of Woolworths Financial Service is an exciting, dynamic and challenging one that offers wonderful opportunities and tremendous scope for growth for employees at all levels. From seasoned industry professionals to entry-level employees and graduates. We’re serious about diversity and actively seek out candidates from different cultures, backgrounds and areas of experience. If you are a passionate, results-driven person, and if you love our brand and what we stand for, we want to hear from you!
- Sector: Financial Services
- Job Type: Graduate Programme
- Minimum Experience Level: Student (Higher education/Graduate)
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Remote Working: No
- Salary: Unspecified (Contract).
- Location: Cape Town. South Africa.
Woolworths Financial Services would like to offer University graduates (class of 2020/2021) the opportunity to work for a dynamic retail bank within the Mother City. We invite Africa’s best minds to join our Graduate Programme, designed and structured to maximise learning opportunities and unlock one’s full potential within the Financial Services industry. The Programme offers exposure to our Credit Risk department, the Customer Analytics team, as well as the Collections Strategy team.
A 12 month Graduate Programme to develop a detailed understanding of the functional units making up the Credit Risk Office (CRO). Focusing on, but not limited to: Acquisition Risk, Existing Customer Management (ECM) Risk, High Risk Account Management (HRAM), Portfolio Performance, Profitability and Impairment. Exposure to Customer Analytics team in the Commercial & Product department, as well as Collections Strategy team in Risk Operations.
During the programme the candidate will acquire many technical skills which will efficiently equip them as they progress through the different functional units.
Functions will include, but are not limited to: Data analysis, SAS/SQL programming, modelling techniques, strategic thinking, customer analytics and insights, monitoring and tracking of management information (MI).
In addition, the candidate will gain insights in stakeholder management, as well as a general grasp of our range of credit products and the entire customer life cycle.
• Portfolio Strategy Tracking and Analysis.
• Forecasting and Monthly Credit Risk MI Production.
• Lead and Assist with Analytical Projects
• Stakeholder and Resource Management
• Supporting Analysts within the functional teams
• Adhere to required Quality and Governance Standards
• University degree in any of the following:
o Data Science
o Actuarial Science
o Information Systems
• Candidates whom have recently graduated from university (last 12 months)
• Curiosity and passion for understanding data
• Analytical, with an affinity to solve problems
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Eager to embrace unfamiliar situations with a positive mind-set
• Hard working and deadline driven
• Team player
• Excellent communication skills
As a proud South African brand, Woolworths is committed to Transformation. Meeting our Employment Equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.